Thursday, April 8, 2010

Flying to The McDonalds

Staci and I are at a conference and for some reason we have chosen to sleep on the table rather than the mattress. Our alarm goes off and Staci begins to get ready for a breakfast event that is just for the ladies. She leaves the room and I move over to the bed. Just then she comes back in for something that she forgot and asks me why I am in the bed instead of the table. I reply that I don’t have to get up yet and so I moved to the bed so that I can go back to sleep. She’s not happy about this. Feeling guilty I decide to just get up and head down for some breakfast. Upon arriving at the cafeteria I learn that it is not open and that we are on our own for breakfast. So I head down to the local mall which is about a mile away. I decide to fly there instead of walk because it is more fun. So I begin to fly about 15 feet off of the ground as I follow the sidewalk to the mall. During my flight I pass and say hello to several folks from the conference. Eventually I arrive at the mall and see that everyone is heading to McDonalds which appears to be the only option. Not wanting to eat a burger for breakfast I turn down a few invitations by explaining that I am just out for exercise and nothing more. At that point I begin to fly back toward the hotel.

No comments: