Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm Will Smith... I'm invisible...and I can fly!

As the dream opens I realize that I am Will Smith, but viewing the dream in the first person. I am in a trailer home with a big yard out front. There are about 6 or 7 kids watching a TV in the room. Meanwhile in the kitchen, which is part of the room, a grungy looking dude in a muscle shirt prepares various drugs and begins to package them for distribution. As I look over at the kids I notice they are all under the age of 6 and intently watching some children’s show. I soon realize that I am invisible. No one can see me. So I begin to take note as to what kind of drugs he is making and where he is hiding them in the house. With this information I can have him put away and I can save these kids from danger! So I continue observing when all of the sudden a kid is tugging at my sleeve and asking me to watch the show with them. What?!? They can see me? The drug dealer does not notice what is going on since the kids are all being loud and he is focused. So I quietly tell the kid that I will join them in a min. Soon another kid comes over to talk to me. This time the drug dealer notices. But I get away and he goes back to work. A few mins later he looks my way with suspicion! I look down and realize that I am casting a shadow! So I move away from the window. He goes back to work. For the next few mins I continue to observe all the while avoiding the dealer when he moves around the room and avoiding the large window so I don’t cast a shadow. After a few mins 2 kids begin talking to me again! Oh no! Finally the dealer realizes what is going on and he yells “I knew it! It’s YOU!” He grabs a shotgun and I head for the door! The kids all run with me. All 7 of them are grabbing me and running with me saying they want to show me their castle fort! I can’t break away and they are giving away my position. As with many of dreams, I have the ability to fly. But just like always I can’t fly high and I can’t fly fast. So I manage to break free and I get up into the air. Now I am flying about 3-5 feet above the kids and the dealer is in pursuit! As I fly across the yard the kids are still right underneath me! I finally make it to the other side of the property which sits on a cliff over looking the ocean. So I fly out over the ocean hoping that I can get far enough away to lose him. My shadow is on the water though so the dealer starts swimming after me. Soon I see an island in the distance about 30 yards in width. So I land on the island. There is an 8 year old boy waiting there. As I land he says “Dad! Did you get my ball?!?” “Yes I did”, I say. And then I produce a ball that has been ripped in half. “I’ll get you a new one ok? Now run a long and play” I tell him. So the boy disappears into a hole beneath a rock. The drug dealer finally makes it to land. “So! What were you doing in my house?!” He yells. “Well I was coming to ask you why you ripped my son’s ball apart when it washed ashore! But then I saw that you were dealing drugs and I decided I had to stop you!” I explain. At this point my son walks back up and so he glares at him and says “Well, the ball washed up on MY property but now I have to kill you for seeing what you saw!” At that moment I hit him on the head with a rock which knocks him down. I grab my son and take him back down the hole. To my surprise the hole drops me into a room in an ordinary house! I go to the front door with my son and look out at a typical suburban neighborhood! It’s some kind of portal! So I tell him to go to his friend’s house to play. After he runs off I grab a rake from a basket nearby. Just then the drug dealer emerges with a shovel. We touch our weapons together and then begin maneuvering around as we begin our battle! All the while we are staring into each others eyes. No one is backing down from this fight! …..Just then my phone rings which wakes me up. Oh! It’s Staci!

2 comments:

Marcus and Bum Fey said...

Doh! An abrupt end. I'd put my money on the shovel!

Darin Dunn said...

Ha! Yes abrupt, but there's nothing better to be woken up by!