Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Obama Interrupts To Ask For Money

I am supposed to be meeting someone in the main office at my church to record a voice over for a video I am working on. But as I am setting up I start having a lot of trouble with the software I am using to record. Mrs. Mott is waiting patiently to record her narration. As I continue messing with it Barack Obama walks in! He tells me that my church has agreed to give him a $40,000 donation! This puzzles me and I wonder if that is even legal given our tax exempt status. But hey, he seems like a nice guy so I begin the transfer.

He goes on to explain that this was a mutual fund he went in on with my church and they are splitting the profits. So I begin the transfer but after about $20,000 is transferred the transfer fails. I am about to start it over when I realize that I should probably check with our accountant as I am overstepping my bounds here as a mere former employee in the tech dept. So I apologize to both Obama and Mrs. Mott and I step into the hall to use my cell to call our accountant Kevin. It takes awhile to reach him and I try his home, work and cell. Finally I reach him and I hear country music playing in the background. So I tell him what happened and I ask him if I can go ahead with the transfer. “No.” Is his response. “Oh.. ok.. um.. yeah just thought I would check… I will tell Obama.” I reply.

So I head back to the office to break the news. About then I see Brian Wells and his brother making the rounds talking to people. “Brian’s in town?!” But I don’t have time to stop as much as I want to! So I keep heading back to the office and I find that Obama has his Blackberry, laptop and various papers strewn about as he makes various calls seeking financial contributions. Meanwhile Mrs. Mott is asleep in the corner. So I tell Obama the news, we can’t do the transfer. He quickly begins gathering his things and says “Well Mr. Dunn that is very disappointing.” He gets up and leaves. “Was that a scam? “ I wonder. So I go over to wake up Mrs. Mott to begin the recording.

No comments: