Monday, March 12, 2007

The Beach Attack!

It was a beautiful day to be at the beach. Some of us were in the shallow surf and others were relaxing in the sand when suddenly that peaceful day came to an abrupt end. Without any warning 5 creatures came out of the sea with dread lock like tentacles squirming around on top of their heads. They were an eerie mixture of beige and green which allowed them to perfectly blend with their surroundings. Before any of us really knew what was going on we were whisked away. The creatures grabbed us in twos and tucked us under their arms as they quickly returned to the ocean. The entire attack took maybe 6 seconds when suddenly we found ourselves underwater holding our breaths. Down, down, down we went until we reached the Ocean floor some 100 feet below the surface. The panic we felt immediately subsided when we were thrust into chambers containing oxygen. We were once again standing on dry ground, breathing air. The creatures quickly left, leaving us all alone. It didn’t take me but a moment to realize that these were not chambers at all but merely air bubbles. I slipped out of the bubble and found my self deep below the ocean surface. I was free, but I knew that I could never reach the surface without an air tank. I returned to the bubble to inform the group of our predicament.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness darin, i just spent five minutes laughing at your dreams. are these normal for you? you're not on malaria pills, are you?

hope you're otherwise
excellent!

Anne said...

Wow...that's a totally different hostage situation than was simulated at SPLICE, but hopefully your conflict management skills will came in handy with your fellow hostages...What an insane dream! I like the cable car production company one, too. These are signs of a very creative mind 'at rest,' I guess! :)

BritBoat said...

Weird, Darin. Very weird.

Krista Vannoy said...

wow, all of my dreams are pretty crazy too but I rarely remember. you must be special like that.