Friday, November 2, 2007

The Howard Stern Worship Hour?

I was playing softball with some folks from the American community here and guess who should showed up? Howard Stern! He was actually a pretty nice guy and he says that all the things he does on the air are just an act. Well after chatting awhile I admit that I have never seen/listened to his show. So he invites me to come on the air as his guest. So I do. The next day I arrive at his studio and they get me plugged in with a microphone (SM57 oddly enough) a stool and some headphones. Pretty soon the countdown is going and the show is on the air. Howard does his introduction and then starts singing a praise song with his guitar while one of his co-hosts plays the djembe drum. “Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus…” I’m trying to figure out if he is mocking Christianity or what. But no, he appears sincere. So I join in with the rest of his crew and we all sing this song. After the song finishes I ask “Do you always begin your broadcast with a praise song?” “Oh yes!” he replies.

No comments: